Sir, the on-going legislative investigations (and probably criminal cases that will be lodge against you) are your best and only legal recourse to clear your name as well as your family's. Sir, the public might have already an unfavorable opinion of you and your ilk, but you should have used the very same media to your advantage. You shouldn't have succumbed to pressure, sir.
But alas, you did! Was it guilt?
Nobody knows, not now, never, forever.
Catholic teachings say that souls that end up with the same fate as yours will find it hard to enter the gates of heaven. So, if you are refused entrance, please use your ghost to hunt the living. Hunt those who dare raped the system. Hunt them, greedy corrupt officials. Maybe, just maybe, the gods will be pleased and will take your case to the One.
x - x - x UPDATE x - x - x
Sorry, but suicides doesn't sit well with me. I agree that it liberates the deadman from all things mortal, but it leaves behind a grieving family flabbergasted. And in this particular case, it exposes the hypocrisy of them, senators, congressmen, and all sorts of critic. Suddenly, Reyes was a good man engulfed by the phogocytes of government corruption. Suddenly, Reyes and family will be spared by the investigation-in-aid-of-legislation. Suddenly, the tragic becomes romantic.
And what with the church celebrating a mass? Again, I am at a lost. But before exposing my ignorance, I googled on the topic, and interestingly in a 2009 article it said that Catholic Church now views it diffrently- compassion rather than condemnation... read more Er, I cannot agree more.
His death should not be romanticize, it should not be tagged as the supreme sacrifice. What's acceptable in Japan is not so in this part of the globe. He was trapped in a rut, and he chose to escape.
What for, so that the vicious cycle continues?
Where's honor, and love of country?
Naknamput*.
Sorry, but suicides doesn't sit well with me. I agree that it liberates the deadman from all things mortal, but it leaves behind a grieving family flabbergasted. And in this particular case, it exposes the hypocrisy of them, senators, congressmen, and all sorts of critic. Suddenly, Reyes was a good man engulfed by the phogocytes of government corruption. Suddenly, Reyes and family will be spared by the investigation-in-aid-of-legislation. Suddenly, the tragic becomes romantic.
And what with the church celebrating a mass? Again, I am at a lost. But before exposing my ignorance, I googled on the topic, and interestingly in a 2009 article it said that Catholic Church now views it diffrently- compassion rather than condemnation... read more Er, I cannot agree more.
His death should not be romanticize, it should not be tagged as the supreme sacrifice. What's acceptable in Japan is not so in this part of the globe. He was trapped in a rut, and he chose to escape.
What for, so that the vicious cycle continues?
Where's honor, and love of country?
Naknamput*.